Thursday, April 15, 2010

Twisted Thursday Loving Paris!!


Today we are walking down the Paris streets and enjoying what all that it brings, good food, good music and wonderful art.  Speaking of art...you should go over the Shirley's 2 Girls challenge blog and join  in on the Twisted Thrusday challenge.  You can pick up the Merci images from last week and make another Paris inspired card, BUT this week's TWIST is to include YELLOW in your card.  When you go to the S2G blog, there is a picture for inspiration.

I wanted to play with different textures today...I'm in the middle of making small wall hangings for Jessi's bathroom.  Her walls are painted grey and lavendar with a stamped (of course! we stamped it) with black fleur de lis.  So when Jessi saw ALL the Shirley's 2 Girls Paris images she wanted them ALL!  So I have many projects planned with them. 


Today I used S2G image - Oooh la la printed on CTMH Stickstock, which they have retired, but you can find printer fabric that works or you can use spray adhesive to adhere your fabric to paper and run through your printer.

I was able to run my piece on linen through my printer, print my S2G digi image and then color with my Copic markers.  Now there is a little bit of a tiral and error when coloring on fabric. Depending on the weave of the fabric will depend on how the markers will blend and when coloring you don't want to color all the way up to the line because it can easily spill over the lines.  This was my first attempt using my Copics on fabric, but fabric markers or shaperies work too but they don't allow for much shading.  After the image was  colored I attached image to cardstock and inked the edges with a gold pain pen. All layers were then sewn onto a piece of black felt.  As soon as I have the others done I plan on putting them in frames w/o the glass because I like my "bumpies"!  I hope you enjoyed this little project.

So now your chance to join us at Shirley's 2 Girls challenge blog and win some free Paris digis of your own!  You may want them all like Jessi & I.  I hope enjoyed my 2 posts today - Happy Blogging!

5 comments:

  1. my goodness Judy! WOWZERS! This is INCREDIBLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to think out of the box, great job!!! I adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous, Judy! So beautiful and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing-what a labor of love. After reading your process, I think I shall simply admire it!!! Great card, Judy =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! When you finish Jessi's bathroom, you are welcome to come help me decorate my house. This is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin