Monday, June 14, 2010

Happy Birthday...

There is always a birthday around here so I try to make a few extra cards.  This one was simple as far as the layout.  However, the cupcake was a test on how my Copic markers worked on fabric.  The cupcake image was stamped on adnesive backed linen that I got from CTMH a few years ago, now retired.  Bummer, i like how it works.  Anyways I was trying to see if I could get some shading and showdows on it, generally when you color fabric the weave is wide and the markers will bleed.  So this linen was perfect, nice tight weave.  When coloring fabric use less colors and less circular movement, don't want to over saturate.

Most of what this card was made up of was scraps...purging and trying to use up those scraps!

Happy Monday! - Judy

--------------------------------------
Copics used: E55, E58, B0000, B000

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin