Thursday, March 24, 2011

I love purses!

Good Morning!  I posted this picture on Facebook yesterday and everyone just loved this little jewel that I made.  Yes I made this purse under 4 hours.  I was so excited on how it turned out.  and I really like that it is a structured purse too.

This purse was so much to make and pretty quick to put together. I found this pattern in a local quilt store in Reno, NV, but found the website and designer Ellen Medlock online. You have to go look at some of the goodies on her website and blog.



Yes many of you know that I love my purses. 
Generally I purchase Micheal Kors, Coach, Juicy Couture, Dooney & Bourke purses but lately I have been wanting vintage style purses.  So I got this GRAND idea that I was going to teach myself to make purses.  Well I have to say my hubby is on board with this.  He thinks I will spend less on purses if I make them myself.  Wow!  He hasn't looked at the price of fabric lately. 

So here is my goal...
I want to learn as many ways to make purses and get as much experience as I can and maybe you will see a Etsy store in the near future!  The ones that I want to create are the ones that have lace, embellishments, many textures such as the purses in this book.

I'm so excited to get this book.
But then I found this book too...

Doesn't that green one look just yummy?
 
Well I wanted to verbalize my goal of making purses and what a better place to post it where I have to see it in print.
 
Hugs to you,
Judy



3 comments:

  1. thanks for showing off your darling bag, Judy!
    appreciate the "shout out"!!
    take care,
    ellen medlock

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your purse is just gorgeous! Good luck in this new venture! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I just learned to sew and am not quite ready to tackle a purse, but I totally want to! Great job! Love your fabric choice, too.
    ~Jayma

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin