Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Copic and Fabric - Crazy Quilt


Today I'm sharing another Copic and fabric project.
  I am calling this style Old meets New Crazy Quilting. 
Why old?  Crazy quilting has been around since Victorian times.  Traditonally, they are made up of fabric scraps (Wool, silk, satin, lace, flannel and whatever you can get your hands on) and generally all hand embroidered. 
So the NEW part is using a machine embroidered image as the center focal point that was colored in with my Copic markers, along with new fabric scraps and machine stitching.
 I'm planning an upcoming class on fabric and Copics and this will be available in the Fall at a local quilt shop.  I'll keep you posted on the dates and in the meantime you will get to enjoy more samples!

Ok...here is a little tidbit...in traditional crazy quilts you will usually find a spider web, spider or a beetle.  I HAD to add that to mine too, however again this was done with my embroidery machine.  But I think next time I will make the spider another color so he stands out!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin