Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day



A new outlook...
I haven't enjoyed Mother's Day for over 9years since my mom passed away 9yrs 2 months ago. It is amazing how some holidays are so hard to get thru and how they are landmarks too.  Healing time takes a very long time.   For years I have been tortured with my mom's memory and wishing that my step-kids would realize that I'm not their ememy.  Both things I have no control over, and have to make the best of what I have than what I don't have.

This week-end has been wonderful.
My husband and 20yr old daughter spoiled me with LOTS of time together and a few nice gifts.
I'm so glad we had the time together. I wouldn't trade it anything.

So here's to a new outlook that sticks around.
I'm hoping your week-end was wonderful and if you have your mother around give her a big hug from me.

Judy

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day. My mom passed away, too. I enjoy the day for myself, but it's always just a bit sad for me at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin