Monday, January 12, 2009

Let's talk about Mom


Tonight I was going to post class examples for my 1/22 class but instead I wanted to showcase my mom. I created this keepsake box on Friday night to keep the little notes that my mom wrote in ring bound notebooks, her drivers license, her school records, her birth certificate and death certificate. It felt good to finally have a place to put those things that I have kept hidden in dresser drawers for eight years. I don't talk about my Mom very often, maybe it is my way of coping or maybe I'm just not ready, I don't know. But I do know that I miss her every birthday, Christmas and those quiet Sunday afternoons. I remeber how we would spend our Sundays together, shopping, laundry and cooking dinner together. We may not have started off as friends, I was a terrible trouble maker teenager, but we made it through and became good friends.


Just want to say I really mis my mom and wish I could just give her one more hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin