Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm thankful for a wonderful husband who allows me to follow my dreams.
I'm thankful for my daughter who has been a great daughter but also a friend.
I'm thankful that all our family members are healthy this year.
I'm thankful for the friends who have been by my side riding that wild wave called life.
I'm thankful for those of you who have been commenting on my blog to give me the little boost/encouragement to create everyday.
I'm thankful for the design teams that have allowed me to be a part of their teams, they have been a great source of inspiration.

Speaking of design teams...today is Thursday and S2G does not have a challenge this week but has a DT share.  So today I am sharing a wonderful card and a recipe for some awesome cookies.

My card share was a fun personal challenge for me...printing a digi on fabric to do fabric piecing.
Here is the image  printed on the purple fabric, next the challenge to cut it out.  The most difficult part was cutting around the hands and remembering which image you are cutting out!  I am so surprised I kept is straight.
 
Anyways, here is the finished card...

This image is great for thanking mom for all that she does, but I can't tell her in person.  So this card will remind me of the day I spent with Jessi yesterday, making the card, making cookies, giggling all morning long.  I like purple and Jessi likes blue so you know who is who in this card!  But as promised I was going to share our cookie recipe with you.

Lemon Snowflakes
Don't these look yummy?  They are super easy and very little ingredients.

1 pkg. lemon cake mix
2 1/4 cups whipped topping
1 egg
confectioners sugar

Combine cake mix, whipped topping and egg in mixing bowl.  Mix until blended. (Batter will be sticky.)  Drop spoonfuls of batter into a bowl of confectioners sugar, roll lightly to coat.
Bake at 250 for 10-12 mins. or light brown.  Approx. 5 dozen.

WARNING! They are addicting.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Judy

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Can't wait to try the cookie recipe. Your cards are very nice.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin