Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I love liquid stitch!


Ok...I have a confession.  I love to sew, but I discovered the wonder of liquid stitch.  So the confession is that I have a terrible time adding binding to everything.  I really believe in raw edges, but not anymore.  It's so exciting, no more dreading on finishing these lovely oven mitts!

I found this cute pattern from Bari J.  You would know that I would like to make something that is supposed to be collaged.

Just love this bird.  I started with a semi crazy quilt background, added some fussy cut images and a touch of lace.

This mitt I decided to do random strips because I was scared to collage.  Ok that was another confession.  I have paper collaged but I was a little nervous, but I think I have knocked down my fear of fabric collage.  I think the fear comes from working in a quilt store where there are some awesome quilting ladies.  I fear that they will look too close at my stitches.  But hay I have never seen the quilting police, have you?

Don't send them my way.

Tomorrow I some new things I learned this week-end...glass fusion.

May your day be filled with happiness!
Judy



2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm so impressed and envious! These are fabulous and such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute projects! I just got my first sewing machine and can't wait to get started!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin