Friday, March 29, 2013

March group challenge - tea

 
I forgot to post these pictures yesterday as promised.
 
Each month we have a group that meets and does little challenge.  As you saw yesterday I posted my
challenge quilt using tea dyed fabric and today I'm posting what the rest of the group did.
 
 
 
 
Mary decided to make a table runner using a fabric panel of tea motifs, along with her modern crazy quilt style.  I just love the colors.
 

 
Jeff chose to make a hanging that he could use during Halloween.  He used two motifs from a fabric panel, embroidered a tea label on burlap and canvas.  I love the organic feeling that you get from it, reminds me of tea shops.

 
Bruce started his tea inspired quilt.  He is donating this to his temple for them to hang on the walls of the tea room.  I love the design of the tea pot and can't wait to see it when it is done.
 
 
Jane chose to use her own dishes as her inspiration.  So the design of the cups will look wonderful in her kitchen.  And I love that she chose to use an actual tea tag (paper) on her quilt.
 

 
Jessi took this challenge another way.  She used her favorite tea wrapper to make the leaves on her flower and to give the quilt a little edge, she embroidered skulls on the petals of the flower.

 
And back to mine.
 
I hope you enjoyed seeing how each of these people are growing and taking on the challenges even when they may not like the topic. 
 
The next challenge is opposites.  I can't wait to see what everyone is coming up with.
 
Happy Good Friday!
 
Judy


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin