Thursday, May 16, 2013

Work in progress

I don't usually share work in progress but to day I thought I would share mine and a few others.
 
As I told you before I was teaching a class and I wanted to share a few pictures of the class, well I forgot my camera and my phone does crappy photos. 
 
The class demo that I was doing is a class from Jane Lafazio.  I went down to San Diego for the class but lucky for you the class is now on DVD or you can download it to your computer.  It is awesome that you now can learn from so many artists so easily from home.  Here is the link for the download option:  Layered & Fused Applique Quilts
 
Here is the one that I did at the class in CA.
 
 
I placed it in a shadow box frame because I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it.  Once it is made it could be easily added to a pillow or a tote bag.
 
So for this week's demo here is my sample.

 
During the class I worked along the fellow art quilters and fused my pieces down and started stitching one of my corners.  I really like the colors of this piece, but I still have a long ways to go by adding stitching, couching yarns, beads and more.
 
Overall I think I have a good start and so do my students.
Here are a few of the samples that my students did in class.
 
Jessi did a monochromatic piece in pink, her least favorite color.
 
 
 
I love what Jeff did with bright colored fabrics, reminds me of those pinwheels that spin in the wind.

 
Bruce took it a step further by working with triangles.  I love when people thing out side of the box.

 
I think overall everyone had fun trying a new technique and can't wait to see the rest of the groups finished pieces.
 
As always, go do something crafty this week.  I'm going through my stamping office and collecting stuff up for a garage sale.
 
Judy
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin