Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Wanted to try something new

 
Not that beading is new to me, but I have dabbled in beading in my past and I like to bead on my arts quilts but this week I took it to another step.


 
You know when you look on Pinterest and say I would really love to do this.  It was one of those moments.  In the back of my mind I have always wanted to do some kind of fabric inspired jewelry.  Now I can say I have tried.
 
Here is my first attempt at a fabric bead cuff.  Warning lots of pictures!

 
I tried to rotate it so you can see each side.
 
 
 
But let me tell you a little about this cuff...the base fabric is silk dupioni sewn to a piece of Timtex, then needle felted with my Babylock embellisher.  I couldn't stop there and needle felted a few pieces of teal yarn.  As far as the beading I went with my freefrom thought...random.
Do you know how hard that is?
 
So this is what it looks like.
 
But I wanted you to see it on.
 
 
 
My final thoughts on this cuff...I think I would make it narrower.  It is 1 1/2" wide before you put in the side beads, so my thoughts is to take it down to about an inch.  Might be super narrow to bead and could limit the freeform but I am open to trying again.  Maybe this time in orange.
 
Oh no! That mean bead shopping and I wonder if they make orange silk?
Well that will be another adventure,
 
Judy
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin