Sunday, November 3, 2013

Day 3 of Pinterest challenge - hand embroidery

Today was such a challenge...

I was under the weather,
Feeling overwhelmed with this challenge,
and lack of sleep.

 


So let me tell you this hand embroidered piece was good for me.
Why?  Because I have never attempted hand embroidery.  I love looking at pieces that people have done but embroidery was scary.  Now don't get me wrong I have cross stitched, machine embroidered with my machine and occasionally added a few hand stitches to my art quilts BUT never attempted a whole design.

If you want to see the design go to this link on Pinterest.
She did a wonderful job and was willing to share her pattern.



Well the good thing about today's challenge is that I am willing to try more stitches on my works.  I'm not sure if this will end up as a Christmas ornament, or a little wall quilt.  What do you think?

See you tomorrow,

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin