Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines!

Today I'm going to show you what I did ALL week-end.  I took to all day workshops hosted by Pickled Tink Studios to expand my crafting and artistic abilities.  It was so much fun and I can't wait to learn more!  I have to thank Ruth Rae for being an awesome teacher and very patient with me when I was having sewing machine issues!!  You should check out Ruth's blog, she is very talented and a very sweet person.
I'm so thankful for my hubby because he said "You really should take both classes.  This is what you have been wanting to do for quite some time."

On Saturday, the class focused on velvet and lace necklaces that can be converted into a wrap bracelet.  I brought some yummy beads, old vintage buttons, lots of lace and got to play with her Singer Feather Weight machine, WHICH I LOVE!  Next big purchase.
So here is what I made...

I just love the chocolate and aqua combo.  Looks great with jeans of a vintage lace top! 

On Sunday, we made fabric memory books.  This class required LOTS of sewing.  I'm so glad I took this class because I forgot how much I like playing with fabric.  In this class we mixed all typed of fabric: lace, velvet, felt, paper, tulle, netting, and whatever else we could get our hands on.  In addition the class learned about tea dying, melting fabric,image transfers, free form sewing and book binding.
So here is my cover and in later posts I will share the inside, just needs a little more embellishments.  The book is about four special women in Jessi's life, although she never got to meet my grandmother.  I wanted to have something that shares a little family history for Jessi to hold onto.
As you can see this is a chunky book full of yummy fabrics and fibers.  It would make a traditional quilter cringe, but there are so many type of fabric & fiber artists.

So take the time to go check out Ruth's blog, or if you are looking f.or classes in Reno, go to Pickled Tink Studio.
Have a Happy Valentines!
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin