Saturday, January 26, 2013

Art Quilt challenge...

 
 
Create an abstract art quilt from a photo inspiration.  I think the hardest thing was doing it in an abstract representation.  Here is my photo.  It is a bush that always grabs my attention when I'm driving down the road.  You only see it turn this fiery pinkish/red in October.  If you know the name of this bush, please let me know because I want it growing in my back yard!
 

 
So when I look at this photo I knew I was going to do a semi-monochromatic quilt with rich pinks, magentas and reds.  What a easy color choice for me!!
 


 
I really wanted to show you the creative free motion stitching I did over the whole quilt.  I wanted to convey the feel of leaves, so I quilted a wonky motif of leaves on top of leaves.

 
I hope to show you more of my art quilts as I venture down that path way.
 
This month the challenge is freeform curves.
 
Have a happy week-end.  I hope you go out there to create.  My mission for this week-end is freeform crochet...it will be an adventure!
 
Judy
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin