Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Weave a table topper

 
Don't you hate when your husband puts a hot casserole dish on your new kitchen table without thinking if the heat will hurt it?
Or better yet, pull a hot pizza out of the oven and place it on your granite counter top?
 
Yes, hubby is guilty of this.  So I have decided to make it easy for him...I know make all my table toppers, runners and working on place mats that all have Insulbrite in them.
Insulbrite is the stuff that is in most oven mitts.  It is a metallic batting that is heat safe.
 
Here is an upcoming class that I'm teaching.
It is a woven curvy table topper, ready for my husband.
 
 
I love the bright colors, looks great for spring.

 
I wanted to add a little embellishment and always great to hide imperfections too.
The center of the flower was felted, a little thread play and to add shading to the petals I used my Copic markers.
 
If  you are interested in this class, email me at scrampalot@gmail.com or more details and samples will come in the next few weeks.  I'll keep you posted.
 
Happy Stitches! Judy
 


2 comments:

  1. Got to see this in person and it is terrific!! You will not be disappointed making this table topper.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin