Thursday, May 22, 2014

day 2 - Feeling the Nevada landscape

Here we are on day 2 of the 200 painting in 200 days.  Doing something small everyday is working for me so far!

Today I am sharing this needle felted landscape on silk. I had a silk blouse that I cute up and used as the base of this piece and added some merino wool.  Most of the time I am a wet felted but for this challenge I thought I would utilize my Babylock Embellisher as much as I can.  It's kinda fun to see what fabrics and yarns you can felt together.



Once felted I added some semi-quilting (machine stitching) to give the hills some dimension, but I couldn't stop there.  So I added a little free form embroidery to look like the grasses that scatter along our hillside.

Here is a little BONUS to add to this post, mainly because I finished it last night while watching movies with the family.

Lately I have been on a landscape kick, so I thought I would share a mini that I did the other night.  I shared it on Facebook, but I have since added beads to make the flowers pop.



Let me know what you think of this 200 painting in 200 days and if you think any of these should be added to my Etsy shop.  I would love your input along the way.

Happy Thursday, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin