Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Day 1 - Who wears brooches anymore?




I guess some people all them lapel pins, pins, and/or brooch.  Also found that people spell it in all sorts of ways on Etsy!  Brooch? or Broach?  I could never find the answer.

Today is my first day of fiber art(paintings) for 200 days. My form of painting is mainly in fiber form but since I think of myself as a mixed media fiber artist i do love to pull out my Copics and watercolor pencils.  Anything is possible these next few months.  I figure art makes me happy!


Back to my brooch...I decided to paint a fiber landscape.  This piece is made up of wool, silk, craft felt, threads and beads.  I was excited on how it came together. 


So some people think pins are old fashion, but I still see people wearing them on scarves, sweaters and coats, but I love the idea of having a little wearable art on.  It may make it easier to explain when I tell someone that I'm a fiber artist.

Have a wonderful Wednesday, see you tomorrow.

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin