Monday, January 25, 2016

Holidays are over and trying to get back to normal

Now, that is funny!  Getting back to normal, I guess if you think going to dr. appointments 2-3 times a week normal.  Anyways I am starting to paint and create a little more each day since the accident.  My back is better, so I go as long as my neck and knees will allow.  Many nights I go to bed with swollen knees, like last night.

But enough of that!  Onward to a creative year.  Like every year I pick a word...this year's is wisdom.



I think it is a good fit for me.  Learn from past mistakes, learn new things, talk to people to learn about them, take classes, be exposed to new opportunities and learn when to walk away.  This year will be a time to learn more about me.

So I am starting my year a little late, but my birthday was this week-end so why not start my year on the 23rd of January?  Works for me. It gave me some time to think about what I want to accomplish.

First baby step is to try again at art journaling.  I know I have tried many times and I get stumped, busy, overcome by perfection and any other excuse I can come up with.  I have been watching an artist, DrawRiot on instagram and found her art journaling interesting and comical.  She shared with me what journal she uses and I bought me one.






It is a tiny size about the size of an ATC (2.5 x 3.5")...smaller than my phone but much thicker.  Even if it is just a doodle a day or a paint splatter I need to make time for this, for me.  Maybe I will learn something about me.

First day I thought to draw a picture of my birthday cake.  My daughter made it for me and she was not 100% happy with the way the cake came out, another perfectionist.  So to save her I drew it.


I wanted a Neapolitan cake.  I really like the strawberry and chocolate combination.  This was a strawberry cake, chocolate ganache with marshmellow cream cheese frosting.  To me it was perfect.

The second entry was some left over paint from a project I'm working on.




Hearts are on my mind, so I allowed myself to just go with it and not to worry if it is not a masterpiece.  It does have two colors I am drawn to and hearts, so it made me happy to play.

If you want to see more of my daily art journal entries please follow me on instagram https://www.instagram.com/judy_applegarth/

I find it easier to do daily entries there and make a goal of 2 blogs posts a week.  Back to goals and have the wisdom not to stress about daily blogging.  Some days or weeks are just overwhelming.
But I do plan to finish an art piece today and make a blog post about it this week.

So see you soon, - Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin